I think it's a Batmax

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

old and in the way
C Guru

I think it's a Batmax

Post by old and in the way »

For sale - think it might be a Batmax, no idea who made it or what the layup is. It's been shortened to 11' 10", pretty decent work. I bought it for the kids to try out, only been on the water a couple times, barely a mark on it.

$200 Firm

Located in Pittsburgh PA; boat will be at the Riversport Slalom, I can arrange for it to get to Dog Days, and maybe Fiddler's Elbow and Bellefonte Slaloms.

Contact jim@spwt.org or PM here
Attachments
IMG_1767.JPG
IMG_1767.JPG (43.43 KiB) Viewed 8037 times
IMG_1766.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG (46.84 KiB) Viewed 8037 times
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
clt_capt
C Guru

Re: I think it's a Batmax

Post by clt_capt »

old and in the way wrote:For sale - think it might be a Batmax
That looks like an old Apple Line boat. Probably a Batmax as they went out of business before the Extra-Bat came out

There is probably a piece of paper laminated inside the cockpit with a model/serial/build date/possibly layup
old and in the way
C Guru

Looks like Apple stripes, but no label...
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
old and in the way
C Guru

Taking this one off the market. After our last race in C-2, my daughter said "I'd like to learn C-1 now"

Can't argue with that!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

That's awesome! Glad it didn't sell!
Roy
C Guru

Post by Roy »

I don't see wings. I would guess UltraMax.

Apple made a version of the Max II and the UltraMax. The Max II was 8" deep, and the Ultra was something less than that.

Roy
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

Post by chuck naill »

old and in the way wrote:Taking this one off the market. After our last race in C-2, my daughter said "I'd like to learn C-1 now"

Can't argue with that!
That's cool. I am keeping my old slalom boats for the grand children to try if they are interested.
old and in the way
C Guru

It does have Wings, Roy, just not visible in the pic.
Roy
C Guru

Post by Roy »

Oops.

Right, the ol' Invisible-Wing-Edition BatMax.

Roy