Looking for a tandem canoe

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

greybear
C Guru

Looking for a tandem canoe

Post by greybear »

Can be a ww boat or a river tripper. Beaters are fine I am willing to repair. Like something for my 2yr old daughter and I can paddle in. And something I can carry by myself.
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Re: Looking for a tandem canoe

Post by cheajack »

Put a kids saddle in an Encore
greybear
C Guru

Post by greybear »

That would be great if I had an Encore. Kid trying to nap in an Ocoee does not go so well.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Were you the one that got my yellow Sunburst? That should be a really good tandem boat for you and your young daughter. I wish I kept it for me to take my 9-year old daughter out.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
hammerhead
C Guru

Post by hammerhead »

I'll be selling a Mad River ME soon...asking $250. It's a beater, but doesn't need any work to get It on the water. I went through the same thing with my daughter so I made the thwart closer to the bow a kneeling thwart and padded the area she would kneel on. It worked fine until she approached 80# or so. So for now It's set up for a solo paddler using a padded kneeling thwart, knee pads, thigh straps and foot blocks. Or It can work as a tandem with one very small paddler up front. The good thing about that boat is that It is pretty bare-bones...so You should be able to move hardware around to fit Your needs. The wood gunnels are in good shape, replaced once. It also has bow & stern airbags with lacing. Let Me know what You think...It could work OK for Your needs(?).
hammerhead
C Guru

Post by hammerhead »

Here's a pic..
Attachments
IMG_5566.jpg
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Awesome parent + kid boat

https://picasaweb.google.com/1038689084 ... 5889575778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had set it up so my pedestal could be moved from a solo position back to a tandem location about 8" back, but have left it back (glued it down) as I just don't paddle it solo anymore.

drrpm
C Guru

Post by drrpm »

I have a very nice Probe 14 with a triple saddle for sale. $1000
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

There are a couple LARGE Hydra Duets - C2s - in NJ looking for a home. I think one is taken but the other is available. Just have to show up and pick up!

Very kid friendly boats.... large and stable 15'9" x 32"
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!