Bulkhead Saddles

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Bulkhead Saddles

Post by Todhunter »

Just thought I'd put it out there that I am now building and selling bulkhead saddles under the name Ridge Spirit Outfitting. I am using Bob Britt's design, and was trained by the Jedi master himself. These are the same great saddles you may remember, great comfort and quality.

If you're interested in me building one for you, please visit my facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ridgespirit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or send me an email to ridgespirit@gmail.com.

Matt Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting - Custom Bulkhead Canoe Saddles
ezwater
C Maven

Re: Bulkhead Saddles

Post by ezwater »

:o Ah, if only I had patented and marketed the foam saddle I threw together out of Ethafoam packing slabs in 1973. It did most of the things your modern thingy is designed to do, except it lacked those stupid Yakima toe jams.

I could have made even less money than you will, because in 1973 it took half an hour to explain to other paddlers why I had come up with a good thing.

Good luck---Maybe you will get some college team orders. 8)
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Grandma said if you can't say something nice about someone, then keep your mouth shut.
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

from one red can man to another i love it! those are a work of art and engineering. i think someone is jealous? :x this should be bumped to the main forum.
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

I said I was jealous! :roll:
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

ezwater, I'll be lucky if I break even. Whitewater open boating is a microcosm of a microcosm. I'm just trying to provide a product that there has been relentless demand for since Bob stopped making these saddles. Honestly I will probably be in the red for years!
Matt Todhunter
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Is that low down tan insert for a pump, or for your pet water vole? :-?
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

It's to allow water to transfer from side-to-side when rolling. It's also the place you would put a pump if you were so inclined. All holes are pre-drilled for wiring and plumbing the pump.
Matt Todhunter
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Nice saddle! Next time I need one, I know where to go. I'll also let my fellow canoe club members know.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Yes, even if I wanted a saddle without the bulkhead, getting one from T.H. could mean neater, sounder work, as long as I could provide an accurate set of dimensions. Starting with a properly worked out basic plan is important.