Millbrook Inferno $650-On hold

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Shep
CBoats Addict

Millbrook Inferno $650-On hold

Post by Shep »

Just packed the boat up to move west, so this boat is not for sale at the moment, but might be again in the future, we'll see.

I bought this boat from ncdavid before the 2012 OC Slalom Nationals. At the time I thought I would be moving back to New England after I finished School, but it turns out that I am headed to CA where they've never heard of OC Slalom. :roll:

Anyway, I have a Spark now, and this boat is a light-weight racing layup, so I will NEVER paddle it out west, and that's just not right. I have fully repaired a small crack in the stern. It was only through the outer layer, not leaking water, and I have reinforced the inside where stress lines were visible with new Kevlar, and the outside is sealed with ultra-light glass cloth after consulting with Kaz.

The boat is currently in Arkansas. I can probably arrange for transport to WI in about two weeks. Can definitely get it to AL this summer, and might be able to get it a ride to OC Slalom Nationals in Montana. For any questions, please PM me, as I am not online much right now.

Thanks,
Paul
Inferno Bottom.jpg
Inside Stern showing kevlar reinforcement:
Inferno Inside.jpg
Outside of Stern showing glass tape:
Inferno Stern.jpg
Last edited by Shep on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Re: Millbrook Inferno $650

Post by KNeal »

That is a nice-looking repair on the outside and inside.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Thanks!!! I had done some other composites work before, but the first time I did this specific work. I used the plastic-wrap method to try to keep it super clean, and just took everything ne step at a time. I was very nervous doing it, but felt really good about how it came out. Glad to hear I wasn't just being nice to myself. :)
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Well, I'm getting a little more motivated. I guess I am open to serious offers. It just seems such a shame for this boat to gather dust. Did I mention it has several OC Slalom national titles to it's name (All former owners, none mine :D )

Thanks,
Paul
strong
C Boater

Post by strong »

Have you thought of donating to a non-profit with a white water program?
atcq
C Boater

Post by atcq »

@strong The sentiment is nice but I highly doubt a race-weight Inferno would be an appropriate learning tool for an instructional program.

I'm very surprised no one has picked this boat up yet, ABS is dead folks :)
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Hey Strong, I suspect I know one that would be interested! PM on the way...
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Bump. Still available. Still looking for cash to replace other boats that I am only part owner of, and therefore have to leave behind when I move. :roll:
dwinchester
Pain Boater

Post by dwinchester »

Going to be passing through Illinois anytime soon?
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

dwinchester, the short answer is no, but I'm sure we could figure something out. Sent you a PM.