WTB: Mad River ME or Synergy G/C

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TonyS1127
c

WTB: Mad River ME or Synergy G/C

Post by TonyS1127 »

I recently got re-involved with volunteer river rescue and need a more stable platform to work from than my Outrage. I still need the maneuverability and attainment ability though. My ME was fun to paddle and worked really well for this back in the day and I wish I still had it. I'm hoping someone in the NY metro vicinity has a solid ME or Synergy collecting dust and wants to part with it for a good price. Maybe someone has an idea about a solo boat that might work equally well in mostly class II water for a 200+ lb guy.
Thanks,Tony
Trex
Pain Boater

Re: WTB: Mad River ME or Synergy G/C

Post by Trex »

If you really love the ME have Kaz at Millbrook boats make you one.
http://www.millbrookboats.com/tandem.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Probably lighter fully outfitted than your Outrage empty.
TonyS1127
c

Post by TonyS1127 »

Ha, don't think I haven't thought of that tempting notion already. Problem is it would get a lot of abuse in rescue situations. I'd rather buy a plastic ME that I won't have to agonize over as I drag a swamped livery canoe over the gunnels and have Kaz build me a Shacho for all my good deeds!
TonyS1127
c

Post by TonyS1127 »

Come to think of it, Kaz must have an old ME or something similar kicking around the shop. How about it John, package deal sound good to you?
Tony
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Here's a Mad River ME in NY. Not my boat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15ft-Red-Mad-Ri ... 3f28640e6a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Atucky
CBoats Addict

Post by Atucky »

looks like a nice one

http://asheville.craigslist.org/boa/4010573771.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Adam Trunnell
TonyS1127
c

Post by TonyS1127 »

I looked at that boat last week. It looks way better in the photos than in person. It was obviously wrapped, gunnels splintered and broken with several cracks in the Royalex along the topsides. There are lots of vicious gouges and spots where the core is crushed with orange spray paint covering areas of worn through vinyl. The coup de gras is a large, poorly done patch that is cracked through inside to out covering the impact site of the wrap where the hull was pierced. They managed to do a pretty good job of not showing any of this in the photos. When I spoke to the gentleman on the phone he fundamentally misrepresented the condition of the hull either intentionally or through ignorance. I got the impression that this is not his boat. Even with my tolerance for stupid purchases I could not bring myself to make an offer. In retrospect I'm thinking I could offer $50 and cut a foot or so out of the center making a mini ME.
Tony
TonyS1127
c

Post by TonyS1127 »

That ME near Ashville looks good and I have a brother that lives nearby in Knoxville who's due for a trip north. Thanks for the heads up.
Marjorie
c

Post by Marjorie »

Would you consider an old Genesis?

It's my husbands "well loved" 1st Genesis.
Needs air bags.

He did a repair (don't think he used G Flex).
He isn't asking much.

Boat is in New Jersey.

Marjorie
TonyS1127
c

Post by TonyS1127 »

Thanks for the offer. A Genesis might work decently for my purposes.
I'm trying swing a deal on a nice ME in Asheville but arranging transportation to Knoxville is a problem. Even so, I wouldn't see this in NY for a couple of months at least. Your boat could fill the gap.
Is that the wood gunnel boat that has a repair to a crack along the keel line? If the rest of the boat is decent and the price is right I could patch it up and be on the river before the rescue season ends Labor Day weekend.
Could you tell me a little more about the condition of the boat, your asking price and where in NJ you're located?
If you want to take some shots of it I'll PM you with my cell #
Thanks Tony
hazardharry
CBoats Addict

Post by hazardharry »

i have a spare ME. in very good shape. $2300. the price of royalex has tripled.... :o
if its a flowin' i'm a goin' if its frozen i'm a dozin'
mbyoh

Post by mbyoh »

I just put my ME on line for sale.

This classic solo/tandem Royalex whitewater canoe is still a fantastic whitewater canoe. Royalex hull is in good condition without any holes, deep cuts, or abrasions- just a few dents. The wooden gunnels are in excellent condition. Boat needs a really good cleaning to look first class.
The ME has extreme rocker, is 15' long, and is highly maneuverable. Excellent for solo or tandem use. Has kneeling thwarts presently, of can install cane seats. Has front/rear kevlar skid plates. Has "D" rings for thigh straps and air bags. Do have a set of front and rear bags, but they are extra.

$350.00 obo

P.S. and less than $2,300.00.
Mike
Attachments
ME3.jpg
TonyS1127
c

Post by TonyS1127 »

Just bought two boats but there's always room for the elusive ME. Message sent.

BTW: Trex thanks for the Millbrook Defiant test paddle at Zane Grey. My lucky day. Sent you a PM.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Tony, I know of an MRC rubber ME coming up for sale. It's currently in Concord, NH, but I can get it easily back to my place. Price unknown at this time, but it will be fair. I'll know the price in 2 or 3 days when the owner gets back from vacation.
JKaz......
TonyS1127
c

Post by TonyS1127 »

Thanks John, sent you a PM.