near death Mad River Outrage

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

bkebs
Pain Boater

near death Mad River Outrage

Post by bkebs »

Well, my first oc1 is very near death. She has more soft rx than solid. She does still float, the saddle, straps, thwarts, end caps, lacing and gunwales are still good to go. In other words, it is a good parts boat with a trip or 2 left in her.

Located in Stokes County, NC

$150 firm.
ELGOTTO
C Guru

Re: near death Mad River Outrage

Post by ELGOTTO »

sent you a pm
bkebs
Pain Boater

Post by bkebs »

[/img]Image

[URL=http://s554.photobucket.com/user/bkelbl ... 8.jpg.html]Image

Sorry the boat is both dirty and wet in the pice, but it is raining here.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Doesn't look THAT bad, but it would cost a bunch for the epoxy and cloth needed to firm it up.

How about bow to stern lacing, and a single giant float bag? Constrict the bag near center, just enough to kneel on it. 8)
bkebs
Pain Boater

Post by bkebs »

It really isn't THAT bad, but I do not want to misrepresent it. If someone wanted to get in some glassing or patching practice, it could be a solid boat again. I am just clearing things out as we are going to be buying a house.
avlclimber
C Guru

Post by avlclimber »

Whatever, that thang looks bomber.

Start steep-creeking in it; soft roylex will bounce better.
oc1kev
C Boater

Post by oc1kev »

there is no amount of soft Royalex/separated layers, that can't be fixed with Gorilla Glue (to rebuild the foam core) and some S-Glass & Kevlar.

I'll upload the full pics of the 'larger' patch job on my 1995 Dagger Rival here as soon as I organize my pics of the repair.. this is the smaller one here...

-about 3 months after I did this patch job, a low overhang took out the bottom of the canoe while it was on top of the jeep... leading to a larger job, which I documented MUCH better than this.. I'll get those all organized and post them in a separate thread.

this particular patch job took 2 days, and cost me less than $60 in materials... (and that was just because I bought extra epoxy and cloth than I needed.)

This rival was just on the Nantahala this past weekend.
-You look cool, for a naked chick in a booth...
bkebs
Pain Boater

Post by bkebs »

No one has bought this bad boy, so I just keep on patching and paddling...
canoevt

Post by canoevt »

I have a beat up Esquif Nitro I would like to keep paddling (because I can't find a used Outrage) but the royalex has delaminated on the bottom of the hull. I injected some G-flex in an area where the outer layer had cracked and it bonded the layers together and has held up OK. To fix the rest of the hull (the entire "flat" bottom of the hull feels like it has separated as I can feel the layers touch when I push in on the outer layer) I was thinking of injecting Gorilla glue into holes, letting it expand out and cure, then filling the hole with G-flex. Any ideas?