Want to Buy used Option

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

nsshue
Pain Boater

Want to Buy used Option

Post by nsshue »

Interested in the Option
scamp144
c

Re: Want to Buy used Option

Post by scamp144 »

Me too :wink:
Endeavor to Persevere
nsshue
Pain Boater

Post by nsshue »

Hahaha! :-)
The race is on :-)
truckeeboater
CBoats Addict

Post by truckeeboater »

there was one for sale in Maine a few weeks back. Scroll thru the older For Sale posts and you'll find it. Good luck! (Just got mine and I'm pumped!)
Peace Pow and Paddling!
nsshue
Pain Boater

Post by nsshue »

Thanks. I will check it out. Lucky you. :-)
Sue
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

truckeeboater wrote:Just got mine and I'm pumped!
Congratulations, Truckee! Would love to see your reviews -- please get back to us! :o

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !
boatbuster
CBoats Addict

Post by boatbuster »

OK, I'll take the bait. How much do you want to spend? Mine is still in single digits (as far as paddling trips) but I have thought about the 2013 model.
nsshue
Pain Boater

Post by nsshue »

Hi :-)

Sorry I haven't been able to reply...can't reply at work, and we went to ATROX Factory - haunted house - actually the BEST one and we tried to find a better one last year...not even the Atlanta one
is as good! :-)

Anyway got home late, then had to work today.

I'm wanting to stay around $1000, give or take.....less if airbags are not included and depending on condition of boat.

I'm kinda like you; would like to get the newer version, but thought I would check out a used one first.

If this is something you would like to pursue, could you send pictures of hull and inside? My dilemma is that I'm 5'4" and wonder if I would have to do much with the builkhead to accommodate short legs.

Also, we will be at the Ocoee Saturday and Sunday, minus Satureday evening...gotta go check out Ruby Falls Haunted House. We've never been there, so if it's a bust, at least we'll get to see the caverns :-)

Yes, we have never grown up yet. haha!
OC1abenWW

Post by OC1abenWW »

Sorry for jacking the thread and no i dont want to steal your option. I'm also in the market for an option and was wondering the differences in all of the models of options. 2013? One with two inch higher decks? The original compared to those?

Just wanting some info

Thank you and again sorry I'm not on here to tell you that I have your perfect boat and I'm selling it for cheap.

Matt
-support Tx whitewater do a rain dance-
nsshue
Pain Boater

Post by nsshue »

What i know is that the new version is a little wider at the center and bow and stern are raised to make it drier

Wish you did have my perfect boat to sell me though. :-)
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Dunno if Jeremy or Alex will look at this thread, so I will try to shed some light... This is what I remember from talking to Alex at OC Slalom Nationals

I believe the new mold for the Option is the same width, but Jeremy has tried the Octane 91 thwarts in some of the Options, which adds some width, but the standard has not changed.

In addition to raising the bow deck height (and stern?), the part lines on the mold have been moved, cleaning up the molding just a bit.

Finally, my own opinion from looking at the boats delivered to Nationals, Jeremy has figured out a few things as far as mixing colors in the mold. Still not looking at super colorful, tie-dye style boats, but another positive development for Blackfly canoes. :)

Hope this helps,
Shep
nsshue
Pain Boater

Post by nsshue »

Thanks SO much for the info! Actually calling Blackfly was on my list today, ask about the differences

Anyway, a little confused on what this means:

In addition to raising the bow deck height (and stern?), the part lines on the mold have been moved, cleaning up the molding just a bit.

What does "cleaning up the molding" mean? I'm kinda old-school (ocoees, mohawks, vipers,etc)
not familiar with these new plastic boats.

Wish I could have a Ledge but just can't carry...too heavy. I found that I can carry the Option :-) :-)
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Well, if you've seen Options you might have noticed that there are obvious lines on the hull. These are where the mold separates to remove the finished boat. Alex mentioned this detail, but I didn't follow up for more specifics, nor did I compare a "pre" and a "post" option to identify exactly how it looks different. I just took his word for it.

Shep

edited to add: By "cleaning up the molding" I mean that I think the mold parting lines were moved to a different place to make the seams stand out less. I would guess that the only difference is aesthetic.
nsshue
Pain Boater

Post by nsshue »

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought that's what you meant...It sounds like most changes are for cosmetic reasons.

I've seen the options..but i'm not too observant about the mold lines. Steve probably noticed. I was mainly interested in how I fit, how it felt, and if I could carry it :-) And, it seemed that I fit good in it, the boat "felt" good and I (yea!) can carry it! :-)