OT: WTB Road Bike

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

griffen_williams
C Guru

OT: WTB Road Bike

Post by griffen_williams »

Im looking for a 56 cm Road Bike (18 speed or so), im not too picky about components or brand. The only thing that im looking for is lever shifters. Ive checked around on craigslist and ebay and cant find anything that I like all that much. I just want something that is in good condition and can ride a few miles to work everyday.

I have a few boats and other gear that I would do for trade if anyone is interested. I would trade with cash as well.

Corsica S Kayak
Cascade with skirt.
Galasport TCQ 58'' Paddle

Let me know what you have.
GW
drrpm
C Guru

Re: OT: WTB Road Bike

Post by drrpm »

No decent bike made in the last 20 years has lever shifters. The road bikes have them integrated into the brake levers. Roadbikereview.com has a classified section. I found a bike there 6 or 7 years ago. You could also try a local bike shop. Sometimes they'll have a few used bikes from people who are trading up.
griffen_williams
C Guru

Post by griffen_williams »

Sorry thats what I was meaning but it didnt exactly come out the way I was hoping. Thank you for the clarification.
GW
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

I have a 58 cm road bike with Dura Ace 8-spd components, but the SIS shifters are on the downtube ("old school style"). Personally, I'd rather not sell the bike because it's a legacy from my triathlon days and having the Dura Ace gruppo. 58 cm is a bit of a big road bike also. Just wanted to let you know in case you are interested in that--selling the bike would make my wife happier (she doesn't get the "you can't have enough toys" mindset). :wink:
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."