WTB- Slalom C1

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

overthehill
c

WTB- Slalom C1

Post by overthehill »

I'd like to buy a good condition slalom c1- preferably a Fanatic or an F2. Maybe an Andy Bridge build? Race layup or slightly heavier and watertight. I've got an old Fanatic but it's getting brittle. I need to find a size medium skirt, too.
Also curious about some of the newer slalom designs. Never paddled one, though. Going from a stern-turning boat like the Fanatic, would a Vajda Lizard or a Galasport Makao be a logical move-up? I'm an old geezer and am 5'8" and 150lbs. Thanks to all- this is such a great site.

Ken
jim gross
CBoats Addict

Hey

Post by jim gross »

try Kabuki Blaze Acrobat. Incredible shape and cheap in WVA
overthehill
c

Post by overthehill »

Thanks Jim. Acrobats are fun, but I'm really just interested in a slalom boat.
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

How about a Pyrog? I am aware of a several slalom C1s for sale from a private seller. These where boats used by a Slalom Team that is looking to upgrade their fleet. They have asked my help in selling several boats. Most are in fair condition. All can be put on the water right away once you get your outifitting personalized. The prices will be $350-450.00.

There is also a C-2 available that is in real nice condition.

Tom
overthehill
c

Post by overthehill »

Thanks Tom. I really want to find a Fanatic or an F2.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

UGH! You've put me into a quandry, Overthehill. :x I've got a Fanatic 2 that I bought off of Scott B. I like the boat a lot, but am not opposed to selling it. But, if I do that, then I just HAVE to have a Galasport Loco. Preferably one that is off-white and a red/white/blue racing stripe down the length of one side of the deck. :D If I can hear from this "Great" guy about whether that boat is for sale (because I am really "gonzo" for that boat), I'll be willing to sell the F2 to you. It's a Valley Mill boat fully outfitted, sans thigh straps, and the hull and deck are in really good condition (some scrapes on the outer surface). PM me your email and I'll send you pics.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Sorry KNeal, although the boat did not make the long treck out West with me at this point and is stored at a friends place in ontario, I am not ready to sell it.
I'll need a fun boat when visiting Ontario... 8) !

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Hm. We may be able to work something out. I have a F2 that is in great shape (kevlar / training layup). No patches, just the normal scratches.

I would only sell it to get in to a newer boat - so, Tom, what are the years and specs of these Pyrogs of which you speak? I would also be really interested in ANY newer boat that is good for folks around 165 lbs.

I can usually rustle up boat transport from here (upstate NY) to the DC area.
Keep the C!
Adam
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

HMPH! :evil:

Well then, my offer is OFF the table!

:(

I really had a lot of fun paddling that Loco on the NB Potomac.

Sorry, Overthehill. Maybe "Sir" Adam has the deal for you. His F2 layup sound the same as mine.

Good luck,

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."