WTB:larger paddler looking for a ww solo boat

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Grillmastertoo
C Boater

WTB:larger paddler looking for a ww solo boat

Post by Grillmastertoo »

Looking for a ww boat to accomadate a larger paddler---also new to the wonderful sport so somethign that is forgiving...thanks
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

http://cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
I started this post a while ago it should have some good information
Since then I have got a New Outrage X. I got a real good dead less than I have seen used boats for from a local dealer. Still waiting for it to come in. I have lost 30 lbs since then but I am still on the large size.
Joe
Grillmastertoo
C Boater

Post by Grillmastertoo »

Joe--
Has the new boat come in yet? Jsut curious how it paddles...Im still looking for one for me...
thanks
Marc Evans
C Guru

Esquif Blast for sale in Missoula

Post by Marc Evans »

Grillmastertoo - there is an Esquif Blast for sale in Missoula MT for $675. The boat is listed on the NRS gear swap. You might be able to get someone going to Ain't Louie Fest to bring it to the gathering. Worth a try if you are interested.

The link to the NRS gear swap is

http://www.nrsweb.com/services/gearswap/gearswap.asp/

Marc
Grillmastertoo
C Boater

Post by Grillmastertoo »

Thanks mark, it mentions its a bit twitchy...hmm, is that code for not stable for a new paddler....ill definately check it out though...
Again, thanks!!!!
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

No still waiting should be in first week in March then I need to outfit it I got a mohawk pedestal for it and I got the overlay bags for it to I also need to put skid plate on Mad river wanter 150 to do it
Eric Nyre
C Guru

Post by Eric Nyre »

Comment on the Blast:

Tandem she's lively. Solo you need to be close to 300 lbs to really sit her down.

300 lbs: Nexus, Caption, Blast, Vertige X
275 lbs: Vertige
250 lbs: Nitro, Prodigy X, Outrage X

Each will handle differently. How big are you, and what do you want to do?
Grillmastertoo
C Boater

Post by Grillmastertoo »

im 6'1...240 at my max...only been paddling for 1 summer on class II...this equals 3 trips....ive been in a probe xl13, that i borrowed and while this boat was very comfortable and stable, i need my own boat and would prefer one that I can grow my skills into...I will probably not ever exceed a class III river....
i have gotten several great comments and always open to more..
Looking for a good used boat, but the season is right around the corner so Im itching to get one soon...
Thanks!!!!
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

I'm 6'7" 240-250. I paddle an older Dagger Encore. If you can find one give it a try. There are currently a couple on craigslist for around 400.00 fully outfitted. It is 13'2". I have had mine on the lots of class III/IV water. It turns well, surfs beautifully, and is very user friendly. The Nitro will be my choice when I can no longer find any Encores, or if Esquif makes a TwinTex Nitro. Drool Drool. If you are planning to come to ALF let me know. I can bring a spare Encore for you to try. I had an Outrage X, the regular Outrage is much better. Another boat you may try is a Probe 12, a bit heavy but a good boat.

Good Luck

Trey
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
Marc Evans
C Guru

Vertige and ProtigyX for sale on Paddling.net

Post by Marc Evans »

Grillmastertoo-

There is a Esquif Vertige and a Bell ProtigyX for sale on the Paddling.net web site http://www.paddling.net/Classifieds/for ... ell&state=. The boats are out of VA, so it might be closer to you.

Marc
awelch
Pain Boater

Twin-tex

Post by awelch »

I fully support the idea of a twin-tex boat for us bigger guys!

I'm 6' 270 and I like the nitro. You should probably test one though. The next time I am at the Nantahala I am going to demo a Prodigy X. If I like it I might sell my Nitro.

I was in the same position last year; trying to find a boat before spring. I ended up getting impatient and buying a new one. When I got back from picking it up I had 3 emails answering wtb adds I had placed!
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

My real dream is a Mad River TwinTex Encore with the IQ gunnell system and a Beluga saddle. Oh Momma
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
oc1dude
C Boater

Post by oc1dude »

I have a old dagger encore that I may let go it is a 1993 model that has one sesion of use on it and I am in chattanooga
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

tell me about it. Color, wood or vynal gunnels. Outfitted if so how, any damage?

Trey
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

I've ordered a Millbrook "Big Boy", and encourage anyone looking for a high-capacity, light, good handling boat to go to the Millbrook site and check it out. Suggested for solo or tandem with claimed capacity of 400#. Of course you should have some ability to miss large rocks when at speed, and to make minor glass repairs.