Ace III Wildwater Boat for Sale / trade?

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Ace III Wildwater Boat for Sale / trade?

Post by Sir Adam »

Ok, as I"m being tempted by Wayner to upgrade my Wildwater Boat, I'm getting rather serious about offloading the Ace III (which I hear is MORE stable than the Noname...I don't know what I'm thinking...).

$200 OR interesting trades. Aerobat, Wide Ride, Ameoba and Fink are boats I'm looking for (the Ace III and CASH for the right boat is a possibility). A single ducky is also a possibility.

I'd also consider a paddle or paddle and cash (lightweight touring paddle (wood) or 56" Galasport or similar carbon paddle in good shape.

The Ace III is ugly but paddleable. Good boat to start getting used to for WildWater. VERY light boat (race layup from 1987 or so). If you look under the "boats" section in the upper left the images of the Ace III are of this boat.

Post here, PM, or e-mail me....
Keep the C!
Adam
edg
C Guru

wildwater boats

Post by edg »

Adam- I'd check with Wayne and take him up on his offer of photos to determine if his boat is a "No-Name" in the sense of the Zastera design of that title, or a "no-name" in the sense of "garage built" or "manufacturer unknown". A quick look at the bow line/rear deck molding should suffice. If its the boat I'm thinking of, its quite nice, and may be a Rook-Schmidt built Bala. Either way, its tippier than the Ace 3. If I had a choice, I'd take the Bala over the Zastera No-Name. (Similar (in)stability, but No-Name has some handling quirks, at least at 155-165 lbs.) Cheers...edg
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Edg - thanks for the thoughts! I'll send you the images when Wayner sends them on - please PM or e-mail me your current e-mail address (I tried e-mailing you and it bounced).
Keep the C!
Adam