Vajda Nereus Slalom C-1 for sale

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

old and in the way
C Guru

Vajda Nereus Slalom C-1 for sale

Post by old and in the way »

Shortened from 4m, probably cut down a bit too as it was a junior's boat, but I can't say for sure. Appears to be the Vajda Elite Edition layup. Foam seat, Mad Dog hip blocks, it is patched in a few spots but still has a lot of life left in it. Standard slalom sized cockpit. Can email pics. Delivery can be arranged to some of the Penn Cup or New England races this fall. $300.00. contact Jim Graham at grahamx4@comcast.net
aargh
C Guru

Interested

Post by aargh »

What is the layup?

Do you have any pictures of this boat?

Thanks mate!

Aarrgh
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Aarrgh I've seen the boat and its a nice one (green and blue - right Jim). PAC
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
aargh
C Guru

Thanks PAC

Post by aargh »

Sounds nice; I'm looking for a used slalom boat with race layup because I don't want to totally wear out my (already pretty worn out) Zealot which I acquired from His Lugbillness himself.

Jim, where is this boat?
old and in the way
C Guru

Hi Rick - boat is in Pittsburgh. It is either the Elite or Racing Pro layup, all i see is carbon and carbon/kevlar cloth.

It's a decent boat, but it's sized for a smaller paddler (it belonged to a junior before me). I am way too heavy for it at 210#, so if you're on the big side, it might not work for you.

if you still want some pics i'll get them to you, let me know.

jim
aargh
C Guru

Too small????

Post by aargh »

Jim, I'm about 185-190 w/ size 12 loafers.

I'm not racing it, but am somewhat interested in performance. Did you paddle it at 210? Was the problem performance-related or you just couldn't be in it comfortably?

Reason I ask is I have a Viper that was cut for someone (a gal, actually) who weighed 125 or so (got it from PAC, I believe), and I really like that boat. Good hull speed, squirts readily. So for me being oversize isn't necessarily a bad thing. But if I can't get in it, that's another thing.

Aargh!!
old and in the way
C Guru

Rick - you've got a PM
aargh
C Guru

Translate please

Post by aargh »

I probably do, but (excuse my ignorance, I'm just a poor old pirate) what's a PM?

aargh
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

PM = private message. Look at the top of the page, between "Profile" and "Log out [...]" - there should be something like "you have a new message". You may have seen a pop up to alert you, but most folks have pop-up blockers on these days...
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Is the boat still for sale?
will
deckedkanu1atgmaildotcom