Wanted: Slalom C-1

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

NateOC
Pain Boater

Wanted: Slalom C-1

Post by NateOC »

I'm looking for a used slalom boat (preferably under 4m, either cut down, or original design).
Outfitted, or bareboat.

Preferably within driving distance of Philadelphia, PA--somewhere up in New England, or a little ways south.

Nate
JFD
C Guru

? semi-slalom boat

Post by JFD »

I have a boat that is not quite a slalom design but pretty close. it's an aerobat in good shape, spectra layup, foam outfitting, just needs some buckles for the thigh straps. this boat is based on a slalom design, but the volume of the bow is much less than your typical slalom boat. length is probably around 3.5-3.7 meters (I've never actually measured it). i think some may have used this as a squirt boat, but the volume is not really low enough to be a real squirt boat. it feels like more of a river runner to me (i weigh 145 lbs.) located in morgantown, wv. it may not be what your looking for, but i don't use it much and would let it go for a pretty reasonable price ~$400?
jay
aargh
C Guru

Post by aargh »

I have an old Fanatic 2 in need of repair and outfitting. It actually belongs to a friend but he is not interested in keeping it; I was going to fix it up as a project but in a year have not gotten around to it. It's extremely light, race layup. Has some "wow" in the hull beneath the cockpit; also has crappy looking paint that needs to be removed to look good, but probably could be paddled now with outfitting.

Free to good home.
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

Nate:

You're not likely to find a used slalom C-1 for sale that was originally designed to meet the new 3.5-meter length. If you do, it's likely to be more than $1,000 used. Since that rule only took effect in 2005, those boats would only have been used for at most 2 seasons. Even if a racer bought a second short boat in 2006 or plans to buy a new one in 2007, they will often hang onto their old boat to use for training, so that they don't beat-up their new race boat. That means that you're much more likely to see used 4-meter boats coming up for sale than short boats.

Unless you're very lucky, or want to plunk down $2,000+ for a new boat, I would look for a used 4-meter C-1 and either paddle it full length or consider cutting it down. Robin Bell from Australia won the 2005 World Championships in a cut-down (formerly 4-meter) Galasport Shubak. Alden Bird paddles a similarly cut-down Shubak. The free Fanatic 2 is an older boat (1993), but the price is certainly right!! You might consider running down to Radford, VA and picking it up. Then if something better comes along, you would just have a back-up boat that you could still use for cruising. If you want a more recent 4-meter design (but still not as current as the Shubak) in what appears to be new, unoutfitted condition, you could buy a Superglide listed by Davey Hearn for $900 on www.daveyhearn.com.

Cutting-down a 4-meter boat involves working with resin and cloth (kevlar, S-glass, etc.) to re-seal the ends, but isn't terribly difficult. The hardest part is getting the new ends to look smooth and not like a butcher job. I cut-down all our family's current race boats this fall and would be happy to share some tips with you if you go that direction.

John
aargh
C Guru

F2 taken

Post by aargh »

The F2 I referred to in previous post has been claimed.
spencer

Post by spencer »

Not Positive of the price but i have a buddy who has a vajda lizard for sale. He bought it in the start of 2006, used it for one season. I can set you up with his email if you are interested.

Spencer
NateOC
Pain Boater

Post by NateOC »

I'm gonna post on here in addition to PMing you Spencer.

That would be awesome if you could give me his email address and name. Just PM me on here.

Thanks,

Nate
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

I also have a friend with a used lizard cut down to 355. he lives out in Chilliwack, BC area, but I might be going to the Louie Fest and would bring it out for you.
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

let me correct that, it's a 365 cut to 355 by Vajda.
new this spring as well.

spencer are you talking of Craigs Lizard or James'?
Prost
-Isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.
daveyhearn

Used shortened Pyrog C1

Post by daveyhearn »

We have a shortened Pyrog C1 in good condition in Bethesda, MD near the Potomac River's Feeder Canal. Please contact us via www.daveyhearn.com for details, and/or to take her for a test paddle nearby, thanks!

We also have the new SuperGlide referenced in this thread for $900 obo.
Davey & Jennifer Hearn
Sweet Composites
www.sweetcomposites.com
Maximum Whitewater Performance
www.daveyhearn.com
jcartwright
c

Lizard 355 for sale

Post by jcartwright »

I have a Lizard 355 for sale. It has been used for 1 season but it is still in excellent condition. I am headed down to DC next week so if anyone is interested now's the time to contact me.

James Cartwright
NateOC
Pain Boater

Post by NateOC »

I have finally bought a boat. Thanks for everyone's input and suggestions.

Nate