Dagger Zealot Slalom C-1 For Sale!

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Stazsays
c

Dagger Zealot Slalom C-1 For Sale!

Post by Stazsays »

Dagger Zealot Slalom C-1 For Sale in Northern Va.

Boat is in very good shape. built in 98 and was owned by Davey Hearn. It's been raced in some big races all over the world.
$600
Email me for pix

Mark Staszko
Mstaszko@hotmail.com
John Coraor
CBoats Addict

Post by John Coraor »

I have a Zealot and its a good boat, particularly for "larger" paddlers. However, are you sure that the boat was "owned" by Davey as opposed to having passed through his hands for sale on consignment. The Zealot was a Lugbill/Clawson design at the same time that Davey designed the Dynamic. If your boat was built in '98, then Davey had already designed and was paddling the Superglide by then. It's hard for me to imagine that he paddled an older competing design in preference to his own newer boat.
Stazsays
c

Post by Stazsays »

Yeah the Superglide is awesome! I just got one from Davey which was just passing through his hands on consignment. That is why im selling the Zealot. Whether or not the zealot was I have no idea. Thanks for the reply
aargh
C Guru

Love my Zealot

Post by aargh »

I've got what I believe is the second Zealot built, complete with cut scars from where Jon Lugbill sawed it to give it more (or less?) rocker.

It's a great boat for slalom and all-purpose boating. Comfortable too (I'm 6', 190lb, with size 12 feet).

Aargh!
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

I sent you an email for some pictures Mark but I also wanted to know if the stern was cut differently and what version of the Zealot the boat is.

Thanks,
Marshall
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Hey, aargh, glad to see the number two Zealot is still around. You may have seen my number one Zealot on C1 Race Boats, to the left. I still believe it is the ONLY surviving high rocker Zealot in existence, and Adam Clawson confirmed it was the first out of the mold. S-glass out and carbon inside in the hull, super stiff, and I haven't broken it yet.
aargh
C Guru

less rocker for sure

Post by aargh »

Nice looking Zealot, Ezwater. Looking at that flipped up tail confirms for me that Jon L. cut my boat to flatten it, not jack up the rocker.

Mine also came with his preferred thwart instead of seat. Stubs are still in there. I had to cut it out because I couldn't even get my feet under it, much less get them out in a pinch!

Mine is also ultra stiff, and very light. Also red.

Nice boats.
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Adam Clawson had a low thwart in my boat also. I don't think I could have gotten under it, even if I amputated my size 14+ feet.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

mine is black, and also ultra stiff i think. but it has a foam saddle set at about 5 inches. the owner previous to the one i bought it from i believe used a kevlar c1 seat as the back rim has had some major glass work done to it, then been cut off. i tihnk mine is one of the flatter stern series.
great boat for a guy like me whose over/around 200 lbs.
still having a little trouble with stern squirts/pivot turns.
cheers
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.