project slalom boats

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

project slalom boats

Post by KNeal »

I have a Zealot and a Maverick that need a good home with a caring, and attentive, cboater that wants a project boat (or two).

Zealot has leaky seams but the hull is sound (from an impromptu surf 'n swim in Big Nasty at 5.0 feet). Saddle included. Anchors for thigh straps. *Free*

Maverick is "THE" fastest slalom boat down a course, up a course, and slowest on pivots. I've used this one to win the attainment race at Potomac Fest (some many years ago) and the Cheat downriver race. Definitely in need of repairs/refurbishing. Or the boat can be modified to become a shorter boater or squirty boat. *Free*

Contact me if you want the boats
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
ezwater
C Maven

Re: project slalom boats

Post by ezwater »

The Maverick is the only slalom boat other than my Zealot that I've ever paddled. Mine is the #1 original high rocker Zealot, so it excels where the Maverick fails. But I could feel the hull speed of the Maverick as soon as I tried it.
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Post by Mikey B »

Wish I was closer...but I'm positive my wife is glad I'm not :)
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Boats have been spoken for.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
JimW
C Guru

Post by JimW »

KNeal wrote:Maverick is "THE" fastest slalom boat down a course, up a course, and slowest on pivots.
Check!

Just patched mine up and had another go on flat water and that all seems to tally with my experience, although I have virtually no technique, it does seem pretty reluctant to pivot!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The Maverick (even the plus sized model) will pivot, but... it helps to have some weight and commitment :-)
old and in the way
C Guru

Post by old and in the way »

I know where there might be a Zealot mold...
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson