Jackson is in the Canoe Business!! C1 out fitting

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

AJ
CBoats Addict

Jackson is in the Canoe Business!! C1 out fitting

Post by AJ »

CKS reported yesterday that all Jackson Kayaks can be ordered with C1 outfitting.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 5769140592

Edited to include C1 in title....
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

CKS reported yesterday that all Jackson Kayaks can be ordered with C1 outfitting.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 5769140592
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Re: Jackson is in the Canoe Business!!

Post by Craig Smerda »

How about editing that title to say "C1 outfitting from Jackson Kayaks"?

:roll: :lol:

Interesting... nice to see something fresh out there for conversions.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

I think EJ has heard from a lot of folks, myself included on the Gauley and elsewhere how badly a C1 saddle is needed in the market. I am really glad that they are offering this product and I think it will go a long way for the sport of C-boating.

I think Cboats.net should give itself a pat on the back for keeping this community strong!!!!
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

That's awesome. I was talking to EJ and Dane about this a few months ago. They were quite excited about it. I'm glad they got the ball rolling. This is a real treat. :D
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

That's good news! (of course :) )
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

the company with the worst kayak outfitting in history happens to be the one who makes c1 outfitting now.... bummer...

hopefully the base is solid, that backband and those "thighstraps" (read, re-purposed backband) look terrible. They should get in the business of rigging sailboats, not kayaks/c1's...

but props to them for actually doing it... seems like everyone else thinks it's a joke and a waste of time (which it probably is financially).
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

ditto what will said, glad they are doing it, but the outfitting looks somewhere between poor and dangerous...

i looked at dane's c1 setup last year and it was pretty much 100% death trap for anyone who might ever need to wet exit
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Jury is out until I C it and get in it. Wonder who, if any, will carry it? Will it fit generic or specific, or few? (People and boats).

Maybe someone from Jackson might check into the forum and provide an update. Just a thought!
Last edited by PAC on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
PatrickOC1
C Guru

Post by PatrickOC1 »

I wonder what Big Dog kayaks C1 setup looks like compared to this, spoke with a dealer of theirs at the Deerfield river fest from RI said he hasnt seen it yet and his boss wont order any says its a waste of money to Import. Even though I was like the 7th person to ask about them.....think jackson might take their market if they dont move a little quicker markets only so big.
scott curtis
C Guru

Post by scott curtis »

Thanks for posting this, duh.
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

yep well it looks like a decent playboat setup luckily that is the only type of jackson boat i would paddle. From what I can see it looks death trappish cam strap thigh straps no thanks backband no thanks. Well its nice to see someone at least tried.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Let's all TRY it out before we start trashing it... we the community have been asking for YEARS for a company to step up and produce some decent C1 outfitting... and Dane (and EJ) are certainly very competent CBoaters....

I'm hoping someone gets a good look IN PERSON and gets to try one out, then can report with a bit more confidence on how the back band and straps work, as well as the general feel and fit an finish.

Though I own zero conversions I'm almost tempted to try and track down one myself... but I think I've acquired enough boats this year, and am sending out a decent sized check in support of the latest Canoe Movie as promised to John and company.

So, who will step up??
Keep the C!
Adam
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

Agreed and straps can always be changed pretty easily
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

has anyone seen the price of cheese lately?
Larry