An Every Paddler Competition – Are you the King of the River

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

natbla
Pain Boater

An Every Paddler Competition – Are you the King of the River

Post by natbla »

WHO: Yough Paddling Club Presents:
WHAT:"Friday Night Fun Series—Be the King of the River"
WHERE: ASCI Whitewater Park in McHenry, MD

SPONSORS: Wavesport – Dagger- Riversport School of Kayaking – Immersion Research – Starrkmoon Kayaks - Stonyboater.com - Stonyboater Paddle Wax

FORMAT: Beginning June 8, 2007, the Yough Paddling Club will host bi-weekly, friendly completions that promote whitewater boating and provide exciting events for public participation and viewing. The Friday Night Fun events include: freestyle rodeo, giant slalom, and boatercross competitions. At each Friday Night Event prizes will be awarded to the winner of each boat class. Each week, door prizes will be awarded thru a drawing of all participants. You do not have to win to get a prize

In addition, participants’ weekly points will accrue toward an end of season event winner (by class) and an overall “King/Queen of the River” title.

SERIES SCHEDULE:
June 8 – Boatercross
June 22 – Freestyle rodeo
July 6 – Giant Slalom
July 20 –Boatercross
July 27 – Freestyle Rodeo
August 17 – Giant Slalom
August 31 – Series Finals - Organizer’s Choice event - announced by July 7

NIGHTLY SCHEDULE:
Registration - 5-6
Raft Races - 5:30
Practice - 6:00
Competition - 6:30

CLASSES:
Boats: K1, C1, OC1
Gender and Age: Men, Women, Junior Men, Junior Women
Experience Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Expert

COST
Series -
$50 for the season,
$10 per week,
$5 for Yough Club members,
$8 for ASCI Season Pass Holders

Pre-event Raft Races - $10 per person, six people per boat, and a maximum of 10 rafts

More information about the Friday Night Fun Series is available at http://www.adventuresportscenter.com/in ... Itemid=140

Registration forms are :D available here: http://www.adventuresportscenter.com/im ... ration.pdf

Print it- Fill it out - Bring it with you to ASCI!
ohioboater
CBoats Addict

nice

Post by ohioboater »

oc-1 class - nice! Do I get extra points in boatercross for bulldozing over the k-boaters? :D

Is this a 'race what you brung' thing or are there tight length/width requirements? We pass through there fairly often visiting family, so this might be my excuse to try the racing thing (if my boat is legal).
philcanoe
C Maven

Re: nice

Post by philcanoe »

ohioboater wrote:oc-1 class - nice! Do I get extra points in boatercross for bulldozing over the k-boaters? :D
Ohio here you go...

this one was from BoaterCross at the last NAWF (North Ala Whitewater Fest)

I was the only canoe, moving guard rail, obstacle, paddle grabbing low life allowed. Tip... if you grab the last kayak paddle in a line of boaters, you can cloths-line everyone in between! :wink:

Everyone got ahead after pushing me up on a rock, one after another, team work style....So you know what they say about paybacks... I came down side ways through the upstream, and started grabbing paddles and jackets...couldn't flip me with a couple kayaks in hand. As they got by, a quick push and into the hole they'd go...couple at a time...

...made the local weekend evening news!!!!

next year...a couple shower curtain hooks, some fishing line...through a couple grap loops at the start...as the organizer said..the only rule, is there is none
natbla
Pain Boater

Re: nice

Post by natbla »

ohioboater wrote:oc-1 class - nice! Do I get extra points in boatercross for bulldozing over the k-boaters? :D

Is this a 'race what you brung' thing or are there tight length/width requirements? We pass through there fairly often visiting family, so this might be my excuse to try the racing thing (if my boat is legal).
Yes there is an 8' 6" restriction on length but the boatercross will be by class so in the case of OC1, I'll go as far as to say as long as there are 3 OC1s - minimum class size - it won't be an issue. If there isn't 3 then first move will be to combine oc1 and c-1 which might get dicey if the length difference is too much - but I'm willing to play it by ear with flexibility just to encourage OC1/C1 participants.

Nathan
Volunteer Series Organizer

PS I was on the course to day and the Boatercross will be on ~ 300 yards of the lower half of the course. The top part would be expert boatercross only. Great day, watched the first paying customers (rafters) go down through having a blast. ~8 rafts of girl scout/ brownie from age 7. NO tears I think a couple swims but great course all around.
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

My son is working at ASCI this Summer. He will hopefully get himself together enough to race on Friday nights. I will try to get there as well. Although, I am nothing but a moving chicane anymore.

Fill up the class!
jim gross
CBoats Addict

BOATERCROSS

Post by jim gross »

So if this is arm wrestleing in a boat i guess bringin my ACROBAT isn,t a good idea. JIM
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Acrobat would probably be great, just be sure to add some extra razorflake to your seems. That'll teach those plastic wearing k1 sissies...:evil:
Kev
Pain Boater

Post by Kev »

Awesome Event and Idea!

Great for the sport.