Esquif Zephyr to be unveiled at NOC's Canoe Week 9/10-9/15

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

David Nickerson
Pain Boater

Esquif Zephyr to be unveiled at NOC's Canoe Week 9/10-9/15

Post by David Nickerson »

Hey Gang,
I can best describe the Zephyr as an 11'3" Zoom. We added 14" to the middle of the hull, then added 1.5" or width. There is a bit more rocker, and a slightly gentler edge. The APS (Active Pry System) dimples that were featured on the Zoom are not incorporated into the Zephyr. The Zephyr will weigh in at only 31 pounds.

More info on the Zephyr will be available soon. If you'd like to see a photo of the first prototype in it's first on-water test paddle, drop me an email, and I'll send it along to you.

We'll also have the Taureau being officially unveiled at NOC's Canoe week.

I'm working on a special deal for folks interested in attending NOC's Canoe Week this fall. NOC's OC staff includes US Olympian Wayne Dickert, 2-time world rodeo champion Eli Helbert, and many other tremendously skilled instructors. If you are interested, please drop me a line.

Talk soon,
David Nickerson
Eastern US Sales
Esquif Canoes
david@baystatesound.com
David Nickerson
Pain Boater

Wayner had a bit more of a description...

Post by David Nickerson »

(The Zephyr is) "based on the Zoom platform but MUCH more forgiving. It's a foot and 1/2 longer (better hull speed), wider (better stability) the chines have been rounded (more user friendly) and made of Twin-Tex (to the tune of about 30 pounds! and bomber strong."

Thanks Wayner!
-David
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

I checked out the material specs on twintex. It is glass (60% by weight) in a matrix of polypropylene. It has excellent impact resistance and fine abrasion and UV resistance. It is lightweight. Looks like a great material to build boats from. It has been used in a number of sporting goods applications, including one as a material for an inflatable boat. Any guesses on what kind of adhesives will work on the material?

I'm looking forward to seeing the boat at the NOC. If I really like it, I may have to buy one. But I'd have to sell a boat to make the finances work...