The Esquif Lèdge

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Let's clear this up right away...
Craig Smerda wrote:I have no idea where this "Esquif won't ship boats" stuff is coming from... they are in the business of selling canoes.
FYI... Vincent will have 18 boats along with him at the Gauley for dealers/customers to deliver and there are 30 boats in the warehouse ready to be shipped.

If you want a boat... get in touch with your dealer. Simple!
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Perhaps some dealers are waiting to get them with their pre-season orders?
Jeremy Laucks
Owner, Blackfly Canoes
http://www.blackflycanoes.com
Wendy
Paddling Benefactor

Kaz just shipped my open version

Post by Wendy »

He has another for sale too- open version. Mon I should get to compare the two versions. I ran into the North Carolina Outward Bound group. They were very interested in the boat. Of course, I promised the new owner of my decked one I wouldn't let others paddle it. :lol:
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Lèdge Skeeter SpanishFly comparison.

the rest are at....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8 ... 9e7779d92d

Sorry... I don't have a Prelude. Maybe Dooley can take some more comparison photo's with his.
Last edited by Craig Smerda on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

I'd post pix of my Prelude, but it is a tad non-standard after the encounter with the 18-wheeler.
Jim
C Guru

Duh

Post by Jim »

Craig's pictures made me drool on my computer.
Jim
ckingoc1
C Guru

Post by ckingoc1 »

Louie

Post by Louie »

Well the one on the left is for sure a better lookin color.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I see it comes 'outfitted'... does that include airbags? Sorry if this has been asked and answered before...
karstmaninaboat
Pain Boater

Post by karstmaninaboat »

No it does not include air bags. Plan on 48" bags. The open version comes with bag cages.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Ok, thanks for the info!
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Tech Tip

http://vimeo.com/15501310 :wink:

If you want your open Lèdge to be a bit more "snappy" simply remove the center thwarts, drill one new hole in each of them that is 1" to 1-1/2" closer to the center and remove the same amount of stock from the end of the thwart. In other words... pull it in. I'd suggest most people only go an inch to begin with if they want to try it at all. There is no reason to do this modification to the decked model.
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

What would happen if you took one of those front-deck-only models that people are surely making, and just pulled in the rear thwart? Snappier turns when you are leaning back? More stability when you are leaning forward?

Shep
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Craig Smerda wrote:Tech Tip

If you want your open Lèdge to be a bit more "snappy" simply remove the center thwarts, drill one new hole in each of them that is 1" to 1-1/2" closer to the center and remove the same amount of stock from the end of the thwart. In other words... pull it in. I'd suggest most people only go an inch to begin with if they want to try it at all. There is no reason to do this modification to the decked model.
Wait, so you are leaning away from the rock that makes the eddy to make an eddy turn? I thought you had to lean into an eddy?
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Todhunter wrote:
Craig Smerda wrote:Tech Tip

Wait, so you are leaning away from the rock that makes the eddy to make an eddy turn? I thought you had to lean into an eddy?
:wink: yup

Certain types of boats respond well to that... others don't :lol:

You can make turns the "normal" way by leaning into the turn... or you can use the outside edge to whip you around... it's best to practice on slower water first though if you aren't used to doing this.