Sandy Gorge, Sandy River, Oregon

Post all your CBoat and OCBoat related videos here!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

milkman
C Maven

Sandy Gorge, Sandy River, Oregon

Post by milkman »

This video is a mash of two successive weekend runs down the amazingly beautiful Sandy Gorge in low water conditions. Normally a class 4 run, at this level it was mostly class 3 with several 4's. A particularly gnarly-looking drop is at the end. It's called Revenue and is a forest of rocks. There's a great slot though if you can make the first move into it. Scouting from shore, the view of this slot is blocked by several rocks so it's an act of faith that it's there and you can make it down it. Perhaps that's why I chose the gospel song. See: http://youtu.be/uqDxIVILqqI

I know there's been lots of discussion on helmet cams, and I'll go on record as saying that no helmet cams were used or harmed in the making of this video. Can't stand them actually. Their best use is either when the paddler is approaching and going over the lip of a falls or when a paddler turns around and films his buddies going over a drop. I much prefer videos shot from the bank of a river with a decent zoom. Just my opinion.
philcanoe
C Maven

Re: Sandy Gorge, Sandy River, Oregon

Post by philcanoe »

Like those Blind Boys of Alabama - believe I've followed a few of them before.
    ^~^~^ different strokes ~ for different folks ^~^~^
    milkman
    C Maven

Re: Sandy Gorge, Sandy River, Oregon

Post by milkman »

Heh, heh. Actually, the kayaker who gets hung up on a rock in the first drop was following a paddler who took the wrong line ...the blind leading the blind. But the L'edge paddler makes the line look good.