how easy to fit Dagger pedestal in Prion Pure?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

johnd
C Guru

how easy to fit Dagger pedestal in Prion Pure?

Post by johnd »

Has anyone tried to retrofit a Prion Pure into C1 with a Dagger pedestal? I am looking for an easy conversion, looking at buying a Karma, installing Jackson outfitting, but then again I have a Dagger pedestal that I would like to use, and the Pure might be a good boat. Thanks.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Re: how easy to fit Dagger pedestal in Prion Pure?

Post by Larry Horne »

the dagger saddle uses the boat's front and rear pillars to help keep in in place, so the easiest conversions will be boats with pillars.
the pure has no pillars so the dagger saddle will just flop around in there.. unless you do some extra work. other than that the pure is a snap to convert, paddles pretty good and its HUGE inside (and out).
Larry
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

Thanks, Larry. Too bad, the Pure looks like a good boat.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

if you like the looks of it, go for it!
I know there are a few outfitted as c1.
Larry
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

Yes, I might try and outfit the Pure eventually, if I can figure out how to secure my Dagger pedestal in it. I was hoping that someone might chime in saying they outfitted their Pure with the Dagger saddle, and it worked out OK. Otherwise, I may probably try something simpler first, like the Jackson Karma with Jackson outfitting. Would be nice to have a creek boat, definitely want something wide.
johnd
C Guru

Post by johnd »

Just out of curiosity, how do people convert their Prijon Pure boats to C1?
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

I've not done a pure but have done a Rock-it in days past and other boats without foam pillar walls. They are easy to make. Put a piece of brown paper (grocery bags taped together will work) on a flat work surface. Using a carpenters' square, stabilize the boat on its edge perpendicular to the flat work surface. Tape a Sharpie pen to a straight edge and then trace the outline of the outside of the boat onto the paper with the straight edge against the hull. To make the template to transfer to foam for cutting, simply cut the outline out of the paper being sure to cut inside the line to allow for the thickness of the plastic so you don't distort the bottom of the hull when you jam the foam wall in place.