ARF - Northeast Canoe Gathering (3 day event)

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: ARF - Northeast Canoe Gathering (3 day event)

Post by Sir Adam »

If I decide to bring the <bagless> FOG for the Fife Brook section I'll toss the Splash on as well.

Otherwise I'll go ingocnito and have the boat inside:)

You (or anyone else!) is welcome up any time to try out the Splash and "a few other" boats. I'm right on the Hudson, albeit a flat water section, but dam release WW is only 20 min away (Sacandaga), and fun class II / III water when running is 30 min (Hudson - North Creek to Riparius or Riparius the The Glen, or the Schroon).
Keep the C!
Adam
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

the cow says.... moooooo

the donkey says....heee hawww

the dog says.... ARF! ARF!

the goat says.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m7MRNn4 ... ure=fvwrel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
Riverken
C Guru

Post by Riverken »

The comment about the police in the area is right on. They love giving tickets and tend to hang out on the road to the river, so beware.

I'll be there Friday morning at about ten with either yellow Ocoee or a green Paradigm (haven't decided yet).

Ken
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Tommy - THIS goat says,

"HelllFire, Wait One dam Minute!"

Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

I will be in my Red ledge and fullface white sweet helmet. Not really gonna mix me up with anyone. I'll be at the putin running shuttle around 10am Saturday and putting in right about the start of the release. I'm shooting to take a small group of 1st timers down the Fifebrook around 1pm. All are welcome k1/c1/oc.

I'll have ARF event stickers for $5 on me at the putin/take out, Deerfest, or at Savoy Campground site 37 so catch me while you can for one of the limited 1st year stickers....only 30 stickers....I take wet... dry whatever $5 bills. yeah they are spendy but I'm not making anything cus I got them made local in town yesterday...but we got them for fun. This is gonna be the most OC's I've ever seen at the Dryway. I'm so pumped.
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

hey adam...Katelyn will have to be in her new bigger kayak to practice for her Grand Canyon run in 2 weeks but I really appreciate you bringing the splash. My goal is to put her in it for a bit at the putin or takeout to try out the canoe and size her. Maybe I can put a car 1 mile from the takeout or putin and just canoe 1 mile with her. Thanks!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Creeker - you get the package? :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Thanks PAC. "Team Awesome" as she thinks of Girls on water really likes your hat!

Getting ready for the Grand looking at my old sticker.

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Nice:) AdkSara is happy to see that:)

I'll be attempting to find the put in a bit after 9 am in theory on Saturday (likely 9:15ish). I'm hoping to run in to someone to set shuttle, otherwise I'll follow Craig's suggestion:)

At this point I'll have the Sith, Splash, and F.O.G. with me I think. I've yet to paddle the F.O.G. down WW, so Fife Brook should be a real treat:)

Looking forward to Cing all on Sunday! I'll have cash for a few stickers if there are any left.

Thank you very much for organizing all this Creeker!
Keep the C!
Adam
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

A HUGE Thank You to Creeker for organizing ARF - I didn't count, but it certainly seemed like we had 30+ CBoats on the Deerfield today. Highlights for me personally were meeting a lot of new faces (some with handles on the board (Craig, Gumpy, FullGnarlz (Creeker of course!) TonyB, Alex, (Kevin and Sarah), Jim Michaud, new OCBoater Leo, some lurkers (Sam needs a username!), and lots of other folks (including local friends such as Wayne M. (NPMB.com) and Rachel)!, a perfect day boating, and finally paddling a stretch of river I hadn't yet, even though it is only a little over 2 hours away (sorry, still prefer the Hudson, but I can understand why so many like it - MUCH easier access than the Hudson, and shorter:) ). I also really appreciated Craig showing us the way down, and being the other half of the shuttle. Made it much easier for an out of towner!

This was also the first time I've really been in an open boat in a couple of decades (well, other than the WW Derby), and I had a blast. The Millbrook FOG will definitely see some more outings:)
Keep the C!
Adam
solo_konoe
Pain Boater

Post by solo_konoe »

Echoing some of Adam's comments: Thanks to Wayne for stimulating interest and participation in this gathering. A great weekend of boating, socializing and laughing. Adam, Aaron, and others -great to see the faces behind the names! I'm sure there will be may picture postings, and here are a few random shots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/solo_konoe ... 381234462/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Kevin