if you could have another *new* C-boat right now...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

if you could have another *new* C-boat right now...

Post by Craig Smerda »

what would it be?

(by *new* I mean something that's not currently offered)
Last edited by Craig Smerda on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

A c1 creek boat or a plastic c2 or oc2
fleckbass
CBoats Addict

Post by fleckbass »

Lighter, faster maybe 1' to 1.5' longer and similar to the L'edge. :D
I went raftin' once. I think it was in Ohio.

http://www.easternpaddling.com
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

How 'bout a plastic decked C-1 playboat, similar in specs to the Blackfly, or maybe a tweaked Wheelboy -- possibly available in a couple of sizes, to suit different-sized paddlers.

Rick
Last edited by Pierre LaPaddelle on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C'est l'aviron. . . !
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

I want a tandem version of the Blackfly Ion, seriously. I'm thinking it could make a good solo boat for the bigger boys (and gals) too.
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Pierre LaPaddelle wrote:How 'bout a plastic decked C-1 playboat, similar in specs to the Blackfly, or maybe a tweaked Wheelboy -- possibly available in a couple of sizes, to suit different-sized paddlers.

Rick
Just outfitted a 4fun as a C1 this year for that purpose and it's all I ever wanted for a riverplay. Fast, playful and plenty stable with huge cockpit. (more on this later when I'll be done with final tweaks in the out fitting)

But a C2 plastic would be awesome. Not a slalom-inspired design but rather something to river run and play, say, in the 12' range with partially flat bottom. Now that would be something. Not sure anything like that has ever been designed in the past. Like the dynamic duo but adapted for canoeists...
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

markzak wrote:I want a tandem version of the Blackfly Ion, seriously. I'm thinking it could make a good solo boat for the bigger boys (and gals) too.

Yes! If we can get one of these Mark, I'll do the Green Race with you...
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
Walsh
CBoats Addict

Post by Walsh »

marclamenace wrote: But a C2 plastic would be awesome. Not a slalom-inspired design but rather something to river run and play, say, in the 12' range with partially flat bottom. Now that would be something. Not sure anything like that has ever been designed in the past. Like the dynamic duo but adapted for canoeists...
I think you're talking about a Noah America. But there are so few around that it almost might as well not have been made.

I would totally buy something like that.
FURZTROCKEN!
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

A Viper 11 that was as dry and as turny as an Ocoee

or maybe an Ocoee that was as fast and as stable as a Viper 11?

And make the dammn thing out of plastic!
Chris Loomis
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I think a playboat would be a dam waste of an opportunity to bring a plastic c1 to market... Composite is the way forward there, and Shaggy have 2 c1's and are working on a third.

I'd like to see a fast, displacement hulled creekboat around 8'8"-9' with a modern rocker profile and volume profile, sporting subtle chines. In short a c1 creekboat that could actually compete with kayak convertions, and of course it would need an oval cockpit rather than the traditional c1 circle, or k1 keyhole.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

Savage Skeeter (qualifies by Craig's rules... its not currently offered) ... altho the tandem Ion sounds fun ... maybe a tandem Viper 12 outfitted with a bulkhead or something other than thigh straps
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

A boat as dry as the Ion but as fast as a prelude! I know I probably can't have both....

Also, I think a C1 slightly shorter than a cascade with harder chines and a hair more volume would be fun on the creeks. I would also want it to have a big oval cockpit like the cascade and some kind of new fancy outfitting that I wouldn't be scared to creek in.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

C1 creek boat that is also fun to paddle on rivers. Stability so a higher saddle can be used and save some ankle pain. A little longer than the creek k1s and yes a different cockpit.
Open boats in the past few years
Option
Tareau sp?
Salsa
Ledge
Blackfly
Ion
Big Dog
etc
Give a c1 a try, one last try please Craig/esquif. One last gasp
hankrankin
C Guru