Eddy McGnarlz heads to the Southeast

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

tokebelokee
C Guru

Post by tokebelokee »

Dooley's last drop went bad because L%$^# and I filled his boat with beaver pelts while he was scouting. We hid them under the air bags. If he had a decked L'Edge we could have hidden more.

Joe, Tony, Alex-Great to hang out and paddle with you guys. Special thanks for helping me actually get down there to the right place reasonably on time. I hope we can all paddle together again soon.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

Tommy/Fur Trader,

It was great boating with you guys. You need to get down more often. Matt and I ran the little last night at a perfect level (2.8 ft) after work right before dark.

50% chance of rain tonight and West Prong is right below minimum. I've got my fingers crossed for an after work West Prong run tomorrow...

ALF is only a couple of months away. Hopefully we will have some rain and I can show you guys down Overflow or North Chick or something like that. Then you can some back in April for the tallulah and cheoah releases and then it will be Green season. So many rivers so little time...
tokebelokee
C Guru

Post by tokebelokee »

Looks like rain in TN is a sure thing, and you might put some snow in the bank as well for the next couple weeks. Must be nice...
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

yeah i watched a show on how climate change is affecting rain patterns, and for the next 20 years or so the eastern tn/western nc area is gonna get plenty of h2o
Joe
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

Dooley I'm gunning to be able to comfortably clV it in the Maxim by ALF. That way I can go where the water tells us to go where ever that may be.

I cut the Maxim's seat down to like 6.5-7inch. I paddled it for a short 10 minutes yesterday and immediately noticed a considerable difference. To the point where I could really see me runnin the sht in it. Felt like it had more stability than the rodeo... Do you think it would only get better if I went a little lower? It's got some serious speed, quickness, and respondability where its at right now... so if I could just drop it down and gain stability, without sacrificing anything else...that would be $$$.

Outside edge turns w/ hard chines is sweetness.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

grr
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
tvann
C Boater

Post by tvann »

Tommy,
Paddle the Maxim longer than 10 minutes before you cut the seat down anymore. You might not be able to stand your seat any lower on a longer run. It is a lot easier to cut foam out than put it back in.

Torre

P.S.- Good boating with you Friday and Saturday.