Stiletto and Atom Skirts

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Evelyn
c

Stiletto and Atom Skirts

Post by Evelyn »

Does anyone know where I might find a skirt to fit the Atom? The cockpit is an unusual size, and someone told me that they are no longer manufacturing skirts that fit the Atom. Anyone know where I could buy a used Atom skirt?

Also, anyone have any information on how I might obtain a new or used skirt for my fiberglass stiletto? My current skirt is in tatters and needs to be replaced.

Thanks!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Mountain Surf

Post by Mike W. »

For the Atom you need the Mountain Surf Dag C1-300. http://www.mountainsurf.com/wwfitlist.shtml
It's up to you as to whether you want the Basic o-Ring or the Dur-O-Ring. For most uses I don't think the bombproof fit is necesary. I tend to get trashed in the occasional hole & my EZ-ON has not popped.

I'm using a Hydroponics by JAG on my glass boat. It came with the boat & an internet search didn't yeild any info. Check with Mountain Surf on this also. They make custom skirts.

Anyone else?

Mike W.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

AWA

Post by sbroam »

Anybody know anything about that batch of C-1 skirts that AWA is selling (http://www.americanwhitewater.org/archive/article/958/)?
C1Dub
C Guru

C1 skirts

Post by C1Dub »

I bought a new c1 skirt from Rapidstyle about 2 yrs ago for $89. It fits my Fanatic. Its not super fancy just your basic bungee style skirt but it works fine. If you don't see it on their website www.rapidstyle.com then call and ask them and they should be able to help you out. Phone is 301-564-0459. :)

Natalie
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Skirts...

Post by Sir Adam »

For basic, durable skirts (great on slalom boats)-Snap Dragon (NRS and possibly NOC carry them...)

For squirt boats, custom C1, etc... Mountain Surf really can't be beat. Not cheap, but I was very impressed with there service and product.
Keep the C!
Adam
aldenb

skirts

Post by aldenb »

evelyn,
I didnt realize you need a new slalom skirt. id give you my backup, but it's, yes, in tatters too! speaking of which, it's a rapidstyle. It fell apart very quickly, as did my rapidstyle drytop. I know Rapidstyle was founded by a Ledyard grad and all, but . . .

If you want an actual good c-1 slalom skirt, email Davey (DHearnC1@aol.com) and he'll hook you up with some quality Snap Dragon for $100 in a matter of days.

later
Alden
Evelyn
c

Post by Evelyn »

Thanks, Everyone! I'll work on ordering those skirts...

Evelyn
Don Williams

Post by Don Williams »

When I first bought my Atom I ordered the Headwaters skirt, Dagger hadn't made enough when the boat came out so it was a bit of a wait. Until it came in I used a Harmony LC-1 (actually a kayak skirt).

Unfortunately the Headwaters skirt fell apart in short order, the story I got was that it wasn't designed with the "hip huggers" of the Atom in mind.

I have ended up with the Mountain Surf skirt for the last few years(bombproof, with kevlar). They custom added additional kevlar to cover the hip-huggers, the skirt is great but wasn't cheap. The bombproof is bombproof, although a bit of a grunt to attach, especially in cold weather. I have had to slop some aquaseal on it, mainly on my onside where the paddle had squeezed.