How to build a pump system for an open boat

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Jason C

Pump in a Taureau

Post by Jason C »

Has anyone put a pump in the taureau? If so where did you run the hose out?

Yes I know the Taurea stays pretty dry anyway. However there is absolutely no room for a hand pump or any other type pump in there.

It does roll up pretty dry but it still has enough water to change how the boat handles.
Heidi
Pain Boater

solar chargers for pumps

Post by Heidi »

I've got dual Atwood 1250's running off a SLA 12v. Pump to outlet distance is 2'. Pumps are placed in front of saddle, outlets are on each side of the boat, full boat with bags empties to almost dry in 2 minutes. A fully charged year old battery (charged for about 6 hrs.) has less than hour of pumping before it quits.

Headed for the Grand in May and I'm looking for recommendations for a solar charger for the 12v. I found a nice one but doesn't look like it will be in stock in time to get it.

Thinking about how silty water could mess up the works. Does anyone recommend using mesh filters or would I need to get such a fine mesh that it would reduce pumpage?

Hey Chris and other Canyoneers, would really like to hear from you any suggestions or tips related to pumps, batteries and whatever.

Thanks
Heidi
Baby Falls-Tellico, TN
jknkboaters
c

Electric Bilge Pump Website URL change

Post by jknkboaters »

jknkboaters wrote: Check out this site for other Q&As on electric bilge pumps for whitewater canoes:

http://jtkcanoes.110mb.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (website has moved, see below)

Thanks for the great do-it-yourself article, job well done.
Still like the article - just remember that an Attwood V1250 uses a 1.125" diameter Bilge Hose.

Here is the new URL, for Electric Bilge Pumps for Whitewater Canoes:

http://jtkcanoes.weebly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jknkboaters