Kayaking Semester Schools?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Skip On Ocoee
C Boater

Kayaking Semester Schools?

Post by Skip On Ocoee »

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any kayaking semester schools for high schools. I've heard of some a while back, but havent been able to find them again. Any help is appreciated

Skip On Ocoee
... I asked myself, why am I here.... what is my purpose.... and then I remember.... milk.... i need to get milk, aisle 5.
cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

Are you refering to High School for paddlers? World Class Kayak Academy in Missoula, MT is pretty much the premier accredited high school for kayakers. http://www.worldclassacademy.com/.
Is that what you are looking for? :-?
Hope this helps
B
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

I was sent information on this place. I think they caught up with my sons out at ASCI or something:

New River Academy and Huge Experiences

http://www.kayakschool.com

Within the info pack they sent me they talk about finishing your High School education with and kayaking at the same time. Although the website does not mention it. I have heard some good things about them as they have some pretty notable alumni.
NateOC
Pain Boater

Post by NateOC »

I have received brochures from Huge Experiences as well. Not quite sure how they got my name, and I'm not sure of their reputation, but their programs sure sounded interesting.
Skip On Ocoee
C Boater

Post by Skip On Ocoee »

i've checked out WCKK. looks pretty awesome. that's sort of the type of kayak school i meant. Thanks for the responses!
... I asked myself, why am I here.... what is my purpose.... and then I remember.... milk.... i need to get milk, aisle 5.