Robson Finkenmeister

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Robson Finkenmeister

Post by Sir Adam »

Hypothetically, if we could arrange a "group buy" on Finkenmeisters, how many folks would commit? Normal price is $969, and I'm not sure what sort of minimum number of boats, or price discount there would be. Also, I realize the boat has the same basic specs as an Atom (has anyone paddled both that could provide a review? Perhaps some of our non-US members?).

I'm just wondering how much interest there is, as I'm corresponding with the folks at extreme gear...post here or e-mail me if you're interested.
Keep the C!
Adam
ShawnJReese

Finken

Post by ShawnJReese »

I am interested!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

What, like a time share? I might be interested in a two week share.
harald
c

Re: Robson Finkenmeister

Post by harald »

Hi,
a few month ago, a guy called Steffan has written the following comment on the Finkenmeister in the c-boater.com forum:
"I paddled the boat once in Thun. It is a very big boat. It is such as high as a openboat. For me it is to big. It is a good Riverrunner told me the owner if you weigh 100/110kg or more. 90kg/Creeker. For me (80kg) it was impossible to sink the edge up to the stern. Even with the hardest lean so it was impossible for me to work with the edge.
BUT. It seems to be fast and save because of his stability at the end.
Its small hull makes it a bit unstable at the beginning, when it�s sat flat."

harald
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Thank you for posting!

Post by Sir Adam »

I was thinking it might be a good creek boat (74 gal volume), at least compared to a Cascade (I think of the Atom as an over-all river-runner vs a creek boat, as I think the rear deck is too flat for a real creak boat, and the edges a bit to sharp...but that's just me....).
Keep the C!
Adam
Bruce Farrenkopf
CBoats Addict

Robson Finkenmeister

Post by Bruce Farrenkopf »

Sir Adam,
I am very interested in learning more about this boat. Please keep me posted on this. I could be interested in a group buy. Need to know about primary and secondary stability, hull design etc. I also contacted the Robson distirbutor directly.
I'm a little concerned about what appears to be a low volume and narrow stern.
Regarding comparisons to the Atom, the Atom is 9'8" versus 9'2" for the Finkenmeister. That's a big difference.
SYOTR,
Bruce Farrenkopf
bpkopf@comcast.net
oregonmatt
Pain Boater

Post by oregonmatt »

Count me in for a group order as well. I've been in contact with the folks at Extreme Gear and Lightning Paddles, as well as a local shop here in Portland that is starting to carry Robson boats. Lightning said that they are not importing this boat at this time, and no one else has been very helpful as of yet. Interestingly, a shop on ebay stores called "USA Pro Shop" that apparently carries Robson boats said they are going to receive some Finkenmeisters in March (the woman I spoke with didn't give a really good answer as to why they are waiting that long), but could special order one for me and have it fairly quickly on the condition that I pay a $300 air freight charge. I'm almost willing - the rain is about to start falling out here and I need a new creeker! I checked out the K1 creekers out there, and none look wide enough to give the same feeling of lateral stability as my old, now-broken Cascade.

Matt
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Update...

Post by PAC »

I'm trying to track down Stephen who owns the boat in the photos. He is bumming about WV for a few weeks prior to heading home to Germany. If any one sees him get a contact point and we can go from there. I'll try to do the same.
As for me this is way too big for me but a smaller version would be interesting. Stay tuned!! :P
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!